Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dishes

I stole this picture from my friend Heidi's blog.  Hello, this is my kitchen.  I really don't know how 3 of us can dirty so many dishes at every meal!  If we don't do them at least once a day, I wake up in a pile that I don't even want to think about conquering.  Isaac really likes to dry the dishes, so sometimes when we chat, he convinces me to chat in the kitchen and do dishes.  He even will do them by himself just to be nice....  but when I am the one cooking, if I don't get a handle on them, I am in trouble.  My Aunt Shauna says she never leaves dishes until later.  I am not that disciplined!  If I can get them done now, how much better will it be when I have a dishwasher?

5 comments:

chel said...

If Jeff didn't always do the dishes our kitchen would look like that. And we have a dishwasher. Too bad it not a very good one. We have to scrub the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. In fact the dishes look so clean sometimes we don't know if we started the dishwasher or not! But at the Hunter's where we had a great dishwasher I always did them becuase it was so easy.

Anonymous said...

The only appliance I want more than a dishwasher is my own washer/dryer. Laundry and dishes. They never end.

Anonymous said...

That is the way our house looked after Thanksgiving. I think we did 6 or 7 loads and thank goodness we have a dishwasher. I couldn't imagine doing them all by hand. Our kitchen is usually dirty but when it does get cleaned it lasts all of two minutes.

Nicnel said...

Holy crap - Erin! It's Nicole Nelson, your long-lost pal from the Upscale days. I was super excited to find your blog! Can't believe it! Your little girl is such a cutie-pie! Wow, it's been so long... I want to send you a Christmas card - what's your address? You can post it in a comment on my blog: nicnelspeaks.blogspot.com if you want... So good to get in touch!

Megan and Jeremy said...

We finally broke down and bought a portable dishwasher from our friends for 70 bucks but I have done dishes by hand a lot so I feel your pain!

Loved reading your tag post-I loved Saved by the Bell, Quantum Leap and the Cosby show too :) In fact we are re-watching Quantum Leap because they have the first two seasons at our library-how geeky are we!