Monday, October 6, 2008

In loving memory

MY PAPA
All of these photos were taken a few years ago at my wedding
I love this one.  He is laughing and I just really see his true laugh in this shot


My Papa passed away Friday morning. My mom didn't know if she should call me before my race, but I am glad she did.  There was one sign up during the marathon that said, "We love you, Papa!!"  I burst into tears and started hyperventilating.  I had to really focus to calm myself down and breathe properly.
I am sad, but thankful that he is released from his ailing body.  I never knew any of my other grandpas and I felt that Papa was really involved in my life.  I have so many good memories of he and Grammy and am so thankful for my relationship with him.
Georgia said that maybe he was there with me on Saturday.  I am so blessed to have had so many fun times with Papa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never know what to say, except I understand how you feel. Love you!

Missy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your papa. I just lost my Grandpa to and it's hard. It's nice to know they are waiting for us. We always talk about how neat it is to know they are with our future children.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your papa. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that you can have some peace knowing that he is no longer suffering. Love you, Leisha