Saturday, August 22, 2009

Welcome Mercedes Elizabeth McCurry

My 2 girls...Cyprus loves Mercedes.

Cyprus tells me she is a baby... Isaac and his 2 baby girls (Isaac wanted a girl even more than me!)
Hospital gowns are so attractive.
Birth announcement... I forgot to put the time (5:49 pm) she was born.
It was a pretty crazy day.  I was inspired by a few people (Marie, Leslie, my sister Ginger) to have the baby naturally, so I didn't want to be induced.  The day she was born was my 41  week day and they were wanting to induce me the next day.  I woke up at 2 or 3am in mild labor, my water had broken and I was having contractions every 10- 15 minutes.  I was able to sleep in between contractions.  I knew if I didn't have the baby soon, I would have to be induced that day because my water broke.  I decided to wait to go into the hospital (my midwife wouldn't let that go) for a few hours to see if labor progressed on its own.  It slowed in the early afternoon.  I talked to my sister and she said that I needed to go for a walk (I had gone at 5 am and another at 7am) to see if it would get things moving.  If it didn't, I was planning on going in by 3 pm to avoid infection and get the baby here.  Isaac & I went to the mall (AC) to walk at 1:30 pm, by 3, I think I was scaring people in the mall (I had to stop during the contractions and focus).  We went home at 3:30 ( I was getting really nauseated and wanted privacy) and by 4:00 we were at the hospital.  I got to skip all the entry checking because my water had broken and within 1 hour I went from a 5 to a 7.   They got the room ready for delivery and after some crazy intense contractions and some violent throwing up, I yelled to all that I was ready to push.  I had no volume control... I probably was worrying other mom's in there.  She was born at 5 49 and I kept yelling, "my baby!"  I couldn't believe she was there.  I was shaking like crazy, but Mercedes was so alert and aware.  Isaac was so great and so was my midwife (she kept saying that I didn't need her - I did, just not for the comfort and labor support - for the delivery she was great).  It was a wild ride, but it was quick and so good for the baby.  I was better too (I was out of it for 3 days with my epidural).  

18 comments:

Kristin said...

The announcements are beautiful. I love the second picture of Cyprus holding Mercedes. It's quite the contrast to have one so fair and one so dark. I'm still totally impressed with your natural delivery!

Anonymous said...

Erin, she's beautiful. I admire you for your courage going au natural!

stacibee said...

She is GORGEOUS Erin! Congratulations! I am so impressed by you!

Crazy Black family said...

Aww, congratulations. What a cute little girl. :) Glad everyone is doing well--you look great!

Megan and Jeremy said...

CONGRATS ERIN & FAMILY!!! She is beautiful and I love reading birth stories and yours is a good one :) Good luck adjusting to two-you'll be great!

Lisette said...

Congrats...what a beautiful little family you have!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congrats Erin, I am so happy for you!!! I am looking forward to more pictures of your cute family!

Heidi Reads... said...

Wow. What an experience. Love the pictures, and can't wait to see your wonderful family next time we visit! Now get some rest!

Jon and Cheryl said...

Congratulations, she is a doll. Your story sounds a bit like me with Mallory, except that I got an epidural once the violent shaking and nausea set in. Good for you though - I'm glad you were able to go natural like you wanted! Hope you are recovering well. Cyprus looks like a great big sister, and I can't believe how much she looks like you.

Becki said...

Congrats you guys! I'm sure you've heard it alot, but she really is a beautiful baby! Way to go super woman. :)

Heathie said...

Congratulations! What a gorgeous baby! And I can't believe how great you look in that picture; hospital gown and all.

Joni said...

Congrats Erin. She's a gorgeous baby!

Scott & Marcie said...

Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL!
Package in the mail today. Love you!!

Ginger said...

Nice goin sis. You are the best. Nice work. Sorry about the throw up part of things Ginger
She is a babe, just like her mom

McBride Family said...

Beautiful little girls Erin. I hope everything is going good. Good choice in middle names. That's Brooklyn's middle name also!!

Mindi said...

congrats, she is beautiful!!

McKenna said...

Oh my word...look at that hair! She's gorgeous!

And you look way too good for a woman who just gave birth, by the way. Gotta love that!

Marie said...

Erin!!!!
She's so beautiful!!!! I love her announcement picture! You are awesome for going natural! I'm so happy for you and glad that you had a good experience. How are you feeling now?
I've been out of commission for a while --- sick or out of town, but life is getting back to normal, so we need to talk!
Love you tons! Enjoy that sweet baby!